Thursday, July 08, 2010

Courtney and I have a "Berry" nice time

Sauvies Island
Last week before we started our big heat wave, Courtney and I went out to lunch in St. Johns then buzzed over the bridge to Hwy 30 and on to Sauvies Island to pick up some produce.




The Strawberries are pretty much done producing but the raspberries and blueberries are doing great!


















That barn red looks pretty good with grey hey?

Courts had to sample the huge berries. Rowan did the same thing with the ones we brought up to Lacey.


Lazy Morning at Lloyd Center
This morning I took a few minutes, after playing "taxi driver" for Krystle, to sit in the little rose garden at Lloyd Center.
I sat and got some sun and read a bit of my current book. The roses are so pretty I just had to take a few pictures. These are all 3 photos I took.








Courts was having breakfast with her Dad at his work just a couple blocks away so when they were done she joined me.
I made her stand by the fountain to let me take some pictures. I sure like where we live. So many photo ops.










Don't worry, Charlie, the quarter that she plucked out of the water was thrown back in before we left for home.







It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Christmas in July!
I got to see a brief glimpse of what is going on around Portland pretty often these days. The Christmas episode of "Leverage" was being filmed at Jantzen Beach last week. They just "wrapped" for the 3rd season of this locally filmed TNT series. I've never seen it but I guess it's supposed to take place in Boston. So Portland is now "Beantown West".

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

:) lovely photos mom. Those berries look amazing! yum! We are still enjoying the ones you left. We had blueberry pancakes for dinner last night, breakfast this morning, and for morning snack (it was a big batch) They are so good!

Also, you and Coco are pretty cute :) thanks for sharing your fun time with us!