Sunday, July 11, 2010

Running around town

I had several places to go this week. One of the first was to drop Krystle off down at Bridgeport Village Shopping Center. We took the opportunity to spend a bit of time shopping there as well. There was an outdoor concert in the center courtyard but it was 95 degrees that day and it felt hotter in the sun so we didn't stay. It seemed like a foreign country to us that are used to our little corner of NE Portland.

Babies in Black and White

















We got to spend a brief few minutes out at Joylynn's place. I got to hold Garrett almost the whole time and of course I had to take a couple of pictures.
Danika (left), Genevieve (right), and Wyatt & Garrett (below)
Aunty Coco got to buckle the little boy into his carseat.
He is getting to be such a cutie bug!

Brief stop at the river
The boys and I went with Rylan to Costco to get his eyes examined and order new glasses. We were on our way home along Marine Drive and I decided to stop. They climbed down the hill and threw rocks in the river.
I am amazed at how different their hair is. Rylan has a bit of a wave to his and he's getting more gray in that dark brown each year, Hayden has hair very like my Dad's was, though it's brown and Cam still has straight and light brown hair. Genetics are fascinating.
Mt Hood was out and lovely.
I love this little area near the Sea Scout Base.
It was quite a steep climb down and back up.

Only in St Johns...















I know a lot of people have chickens like these neighbors of the Domina's. But we saw this goat just standing on the sidewalk on the side of the road with no people in the area. I hope it found it's way home!
With all this urban livestock no wonder Farmville is such a popular thing. Or do you think it's the other way around?

FRIENDS!
I'm glad that Nathaniel's summer stint as a camp photographer lets him come home on weekends. It had been too long since Hayden got to hang out with a friend.




Nathaniel's family got a new laptop this weekend and an iPod Touch. Har and I got each other an early anniversary gift... an iPad.
I LOVE IT!




Would a post be complete without a flower picture?
Debbie's hydrangeas are so beautiful!
Next update: our 31st anniversary!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

I love your "summer in Portland" blogs. It's like taking little mini vicarious vacations from the life of a mother of little ones. Not that I don't love what I do! But I do enjoy taking going, through photos, on outings that don't involve strollers and diaper bags ;)

The edge of a river would not be a good place for my boy yet. At least not one with a steep climb :) Next time you're up we should take you to our rock throwing spot out at Tolmie State Park!

mommarazzi said...

Oh yes please! I'd love to go and throw rocks with Rowie!