Friday, August 27, 2010

Play time and a trip to Powells

Youngest Grands
What a difference a few months make at this age. Katie is 5 months and Garrett 2 months old. This picture also depicts perfectly the girl/boy differences. Katie's carseat though not totally girly is much more so than Garrett's plaid one. Stereotypically, girls love horses and boys like dinosaurs. She's all about the pink and he is brown and blue. I'm looking forward to these two joining the others in the wild rumpus times around here. Fun Fun!

Target
It had been quite a while since we'd been shopping and we had not gone with all the kids since they've been here. It was an experience! We pretty much tag teamed to keep everyone occupied and engaged while I did the shopping. Takes me back a few years!

Bubbles are always a good idea.






Genevieve got a small container of bubbles and wand from church. Like all kids she loves to blow them. She even got Grampa in the act.





That is one thing I need to invest in or perhaps make a batch of to allow all of the kids to blow bubbles. Spilled bubble liquid is not a bad upholstery cleaner or rug shampoo and it is even a good cleaner of cement! Nice and benign play.






Serious exercise
I thought I'd mix it up a little for Garrett's tummy time. I put a soft roll under the blanket and draped him over the hump. I wasn't long before he was pushing up to look around.
He looks like he is posing for one of those fill in the caption photos.
"Are you looking at me?"

POWELLS City of Books


















I mentioned in a previous post that I should introduce our younger 3 kids to Powells. Hayden has now been officially introduced.

He has been reading and collecting a few Manga series. It seems to be formatted like a comic book but I'm told they are "graphic novels". They have a story line with cliff hangers and all to keep you interested in the next one. My philosophy is that if they are reading it's a good thing! All of my kids like to read now, some more than others but... at least one of my life goals has been accomplished.

1 comment:

Reese said...

Hooray for Powells =)

Henry has been enjoying his bubble spewing lizard from his birthday. We tend to keep it outside though.