Friday, August 06, 2010

Playing away some energy

Warm enough for the "Water Park"
We had our first warm day in quite a while yesterday and I told the kids if it got to be close to 80 degrees I'd take them over to the park. The new playground is open but I like the tried and true equipment that they left in place. The tire swing is a fav!














Wyatt and Genevieve are pretty evenly matched for being on the teeter-totter. I wish the photo of G'vieve on the swing turned out clearer... but what is clear is her total joy in the experience. She would lay on her tummy and fling out her arms and legs and exclaim "I'M AN ANGEL!"




The Main Event
The water feature has been the big draw for the kids in the past couple of summers. Wyatt was the one I could hardly get to leave it. The girls were more drawn to the playground part.
It was quite busy and these guys have no fear of being out there on their own. It was like herding cats to keep track of the 3 of them. I stayed between the two areas but I had my back to at least one of them at all times. I'm bringing a helper next time.

NEW and FUN



















The new play equipment is unique. The double circle thing that Danika is on spins as well as the curly-q thing that Wyatt is on.



There is a big spider web type rope thing and those rings beyond it are anchored on the top and bottom and kids crawl through them. The slide has no sides except a somewhat thicker edge than middle. It looks like a big tongue. Kids are supposed to straddle it with their legs hanging off of the sides. It's not toddler friendly.



Long Shadows
It was getting late and we had to get home for supper and pajamas. Again... I wish this picture turned out better. It does show a bit of their personalities though and it is a captured memory for me. That is pretty much what this blog is turning out to be. A memory book. I'd like to figure out a way of printing each entry and putting them in a scrapbook. I think it would be nice to look back on.

No comments: