Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby days and an unfavorite time of the year

Three Grandes and a Tall
I took a picture of the bottles I had just washed and sterilized. The Starbucks carrier was ideal for them to be transported in. Garrett drinks 40 ounces of formula a day. My least favorite time to be bonding with him? Between 11:30 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. Thank goodness he usually sleeps from 8 p.m. til 6 a.m. most days now.

The most Un-wonderful time of the year





































Un-decorating for any holiday is not super fun for me. Christmas is especially hard because I love all of the lights and the ornaments and the garlands. The tree came down this weekend. Har and I took all of the ornaments off and Hayden took care of the lights. Since we now have collection of yard debris every other week our tree came down in a unique way this time. Harlan took loppers to it right in the living room. He had some fascinated helpers.
I must admit that I like having a lamp and a couple of chairs in the space that the tree took up but it's still a bittersweet time of the year.

Still the best!
Fels-Naptha has been my ol' standby for years as a pre-treater for my laundry needs. There is nothing better for baby created stains! I have a bar in the bathroom for scrubbing pjs, onesies and other baby clothes.

Making more laundry to do
Look who's eating some solid foods. He is just getting the hang of it. More is coming out than going down but he reaches out to assist my hand in heading for his mouth.
He's a big 7 months old now!

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

I totally agree. Taking down Christmas stuff always makes me want to put up hearts and other cheesy valentine decor even though V-day is still a month away! ;)

I am also in agreement on the Fels-Naptha. I don't have any yet but I definitely like it!

Nice photos on this one. I think I left the battery charger for my camera at your house. I can't find it anywhere! We'll have to look when we come down tomorrow :)

Courtenzia said...

Alyssa, Valentines decorations are not cheesy...they're classy =P

Mom, we had to take our tree down last week too. I got a little sad, but Valentines Day is kinda my focus right now so I got distracted from being sad =P
Good post, good pictures, good people =)

Reese said...

Well, that was a pretty fun way to take down your tree anyway!
I look forward to the hearts and things when we come in a few weeks!