Sunday, January 30, 2011

A weekend of reunions

Happy Belated 16th Birthday
Our friend Garrison's birthday is right smack dab in the middle of the holidays. His parents often have a belated birthday celebration because it's nice to have his party after all the holiday hoopla dies down. We joined Garrison and a bunch of old friends for a party at the Lloyd Center Burgerville. I wish I took more pictures... here are a few.















The Dominas, Courtney and Charlie, got reacquainted with Megan N. and Suki K.
David N. got to spend some time with two of his favs. Gary D. and Harlan.
It was wonderful to get to see Joy D. and Shela. We really need to get together like this again soon!
Garrison was the recipient of one of my rag quilts. It's the first time I made one using only 2 colors. I think it works great... especially for a guy.

Genevieve and her friend
Genevieve loves our cats but they aren't exactly fond of her. Except for Courtney's cat, Chloe. For some reason Chloe doesn't mind her affection at all. Makes for one happy little girl.

Surprise Reunion!
I got to get reacquainted with our "niece" Julie today. She was shopping and saw me and stopped to say hello. We had a nice little catch up chat in the shoe aisle. I made Courtney take our picture. Julie and I are going to be friends on Facebook soon and I hope to keep in touch better than I have.

Thanks for stopping me, Julie! It was great to see you!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I like that picture of Genevieve and Chlo'dawg! I think she'll be much more a friend to all animals when she's a little bigger and doesn't try to hug every one of them like she'd huggin Chloe there ;)