Friday, January 28, 2011

Creative expressions

Breakfast Protein
Yes, I took a picture of the eggs in the pan. I thought they looked photo-worthy. It was something about the shape, colors and shadows that made me reach for the camera. I'm not alone in this photo fetish but most of my friends think I'm a bit strange.

Creative Cuties



































This painting session was spearheaded by Wyatt. He LOVES doing crafts. It's messy and is a lot of work but they enjoy it so much. He wanted to make me a few banners "To thank you for taking care of us for so long". My sweet boy!


Sweet brother boys
Garrett's siblings have him smiling and giggling on a regular basis. They sure love him!

Freeform dressing
On school days or visit days I usually pick a couple of outfits for the kids to choose from. On days without structure or things we need to do, I let them dress themselves. We have a pretty cold and drafty house and the girls reflected that in their choice of clothing yesterday. A combination of patterns, colors, too small and too big things. Very eclectic.

Library Day
Wednesdays are library days for Wyatt. He is all boy when it comes to picking his literature. I'm surprised there were no "Captain Underpants" books in this batch.

White Commute















We have had morning fog all week. Every morning I wished I'd had one of my boys with me to take some pictures. It's quite eery to drive onto the Fremont Bridge and not be able to see any of the city or the bridge ahead of you. I was in somewhat lighter traffic yesterday and chanced taking a couple of pictures myself. I spend too much time looking at the tail lights of cars. So many of them look like eyes. Some cars look like they have faces. I'll have to do a photo collage of the backs of cars to show all of the different looks. Happy, bratty, angry, silly... they are all out there on the road.

Sporting a new look
Har was tolerant of my taking his picture during Happy Hour yesterday. (Our first time getting there in several months!!! Happy Happy Happy Hour!). His new mustache and goatee is coming along nicely.
I really like it! I have such a distinguished looking husband.

3 comments:

Reese said...

Wow Dad looks different. A little like some of his brothers too.

Lyssa said...

Dad looks tough! Don't mess with his happy hour chips and dip!

Also I agree with you about car faces. My mind often goes there on our trips up and down I-5 :)

Lyssa said...

ps my favorite ones at the bored looking ones. If I remember correctly the new bug looks pretty bored ;)