Friday, January 14, 2011

Pizza night out and the Colors of my life

Pizza Night Out
As you know, Friday is Pizza Night at our house. This past Friday we motored over to Pizza Hut on 82nd. The kids had lots of fun. When I took this picture it surprised me how grown up this boy is getting to look. Where does the time go?
All of the kids got to get something from the quarter machines. It was nice that there were girly coloring sheets.
Cleaning up after eating, she managed her hands pretty well but her face needed a little help.
Joylynn and her little man. He loves being held these days. So my to do list only gets attention when he is napping or after 8 p.m. when he is in bed for the night. He is napping right now so I can work on updating this blog.

COLORS of my life



















I took a bit of time the other night to look through my fabric bin. I played and put things together and came up with a few palettes that could turn into quilts eventually.
Which ones do you like best? Now to find the time to sew!

New and Shiny Bike!


















Logan ordered a bike and it was able to be picked up here in Portland. Harlan got to ride it and then took it back to the shop for some cosmetic stuff. He and Hayden got to drive up to Lacey to deliver it this week.











Check out the way we tried to protect it from road grime kicking up behind the Subaru. I can't believe they sell these bike bags to wrap bikes as gifts. What kid can't figure out what's in this package?!

Home Maintenance



I am so thankful that Harlan is able to mess with our computers when they start messing with us. He has a little helper in the process too.


Our other little helper here is doing what needs to be done on a regular basis as nails work their way up from the hardwoods as little and not so little feet walk, run, skip and dance around the house.

Happy Commuter














Due to heavy traffic on the Sunset Highway yesterday, Garrett and I decided to take NW Barnes to W Burnside into town. Along that route there is a Sunrise Bagels. We stopped in there for a few minutes, a bagel and a beverage. I brought a nice bagful home along with some yummy cream cheese! If life gives you traffic... EAT BAGELS!

7 comments:

Reese said...

That last picture of Garrett is so sweet. He looks like Danika. I like the pink polka-dot fleeces the best. I hope I have a reason for little pink things soon... we'll see 4 wks from tomorrow!

Reese said...

Oh, I guess they're just fabrics, but anyway. All those girly ones are still my favorite.

Lyssa said...

Dad rocks, way to ride down the steps!! :D Thanks again also for bringing those bikes up here. I totally appreciate it!

Kathryn said...

Where did you find that fabric with the birds? Love it!! And the way you've combined it with the other fabrics. You're so dang clever :)

Courtenzia said...

Hey momma! Great post! I love the pics, but I haven't picked a favorite fabric set yet. Seeing pictures of the kids and stuff makes me miss you guys more...but Charlie and I get to see all of you on either Monday or Tuesday!! =D

Courtenzia said...

I like the blue polka dots =)

aunti nomi said...

I know somebody who would just love all the purples. They are my favorite of these palettes as well.