Sunday, March 06, 2011

March arrives and with it company!

Photo Op
This is the best we could do getting all of the grandkids together for a picture while they were all here this week. I don't know if spur of the moment pictures are going to work anymore. I think some of them need a bit more time to get used to the idea. They are holding still for the most part and we aren't going to get one without someone being silly. So here they are the beginning of March 2011. Ages 6, 5, 3, 3, 18 mos, 11 1/2mos and 8 mos.

Another "fourth" photo
Cherise with her new cute haircut and Hayden her "fourth". Two of our brown eyed kids.

Shopping with helpers
I needed to run to the store for milk and just a few other things and had promised these 3 a treat at the Dollar "Treat".
Thursday morning shopping with the boys at Target.

Sending them off



















Logan, Alyssa, Rowan and Katie left early, early Thursday morning headed for Sisters and Gremmy and Goddy.
I'm glad the camera wasn't pointed back at me! :P I was out there in pjs, rain boots and a sweatshirt with my hair a fright!
Friday morning and Cherise and Henry were hitting the road back to Walla Walla. It was great having them all here. Seemed kinda quiet when they all left.

Weekend respite



















Har and I had to be out early Saturday morning to drop Krystle off at Joylynn's house. We popped over to Shari's for a breakfast date. They have wifi! We were able to check our email and see the comments on this blog and Har could read up on his technical manuals.
I love his weekend wear. He had a denim jacket in college but it's been years since I've seen it around. I got him this one for Christmas and he pairs it with a hoody. He's been wanting something he can layer for warmth and something durable that he can work on the car and van without worrying about ruining it.















Something about eating at Shari's reminds me of Goldendale and the breakfasts we had around the kitchen table there. Though I don't remember having biscuits and gravy or corned beef hash. Perhaps it's the way Harlan eats his eggs, over medium, breaks the yolk and eats it with a spoon before he takes up his fork to eat the rest. I'm sure there are others that do that also but to me it's a signature method of his.

The Stone
Hayden and I got to go to a performance of "The Stone" at the Alpenrose Dairy Opera House.
We had 4 friends in it. They did an awesome job!

Book worm
Our littlest book worm. All of the kids like books. Garrett rolled under the couch and came out with this one. I set him up on the couch and let him read it. He may be reading "Mama and Me" but his pajamas say "Bananas for Grandma".

I love crafting















Joann Fabrics got new reusable bags. I have a few shopping bags but this one is so ME. I love it! and the sentiment CRAFT CREATE AND CONSERVE.
I guess I'm getting more PC in my old age.

3 comments:

Reese said...

Henry looks like he's falling asleep in that first one, which I know was not the case!

Also, I really like dad's jacket.

Hayden said...

How come I don't get a new cute haircut like Cherise?

p.s. I found out how to post comments now.

Lyssa said...

Dear Hayden,
I think you're cute.
Love,
Alyssa


P.S. those grocery shopping kids are fantastic :)