Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring reflections

Signs of Spring



















"Spring has sprung, the grass has ris', I wonder where the flowers is."
I know there are variations of that little ditty but this is the one I grew up hearing in the snow covered Copper Country. Whether you are looking at the birds returning or the flowers blooming... Spring is in the air and flowers are on my porch railings.

One for me



















In the midst of all of the busyness and activities around this place, I try to find time to take pictures or sew or cross-stitch or read or watch the Hallmark channel. This week I sewed a little lap quilt for myself. It is very Easter egg inspired. It has bunnies on it and pastel fabrics and it makes me happy.
It has been said "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." I wish it wasn't so often the case around here. I definitely need the message of Easter and newness of heart and redemption on a daily basis.

Seasonal Porch Flag
It is so hard to find Easter decor that depicts the true message of the holy-day. I found this flag on an extreme mark down table a few weeks ago and replaced my snow scene. It's springy and resembles the daffodils that are blooming on the side of the driveway.
The rain is here and doesn't seem to be going anywhere else soon but it helps to have the blooming trees and flowers sprouting to remind me of the fact that seasons come and go.
I'm looking forward to the next season in my life while enjoying the sweet moments of this one.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Nice! I'm glad you got to sew yourself a blanket, it's super cute and eastery :) lovely flowers too by the way! I just noticed my first bloom in the little patch by the house and I'm excited! I can't wait for warmer weather (i.e. Kicking the kids out in the yard and chillin on the deck). ;)

Kathryn said...

I'm SO jealous of the flowers. We've had spring showers all week - they're made up of snow, sleet or hail. Smart flowers are still hiding!