Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Paddy's Day and other Shenanigans


Mr 9 Months
The big little guy had his 9 month check up this week. I was surprised to have an appointment with no immunizations.
His doctor just check his growth and development.
He is 20 lbs 4 oz and 27 3/4 in tall and is learning to do more things every day.

St Paddy's kids


















These kids have a bit of Irish in their ancestry so I try to dress them in some green for the day. I also bought temporary tattoos for them to put on. Wyatt put one on each cheek and one on each arm. The girls have them on opposite cheeks. Garrett's is on his upper arm.
Kid train minus the #1 kid.


















Courtney came to visit wearing her holiday finery. She looked quite festive in her Drop Kick Murphy's t-shirt, with her sequined fingerless gloves and green tutu.

Opportunity for Community Service
Hayden and Cam attend an online school that has opportunities to participate in various activities every 6 - 8 weeks. Today there was a planned event at Irving Park. The Parks Bureau was supposed to provide equipment and materials to do some landscaping (basically spreading barkdust) at the park. It was cold and wet and miserable. About a dozen teachers and 4 students waited on the covered basketball court for about 45 minutes before someone from Portland Parks and Rec showed up. He was responsible for arranging for everything to be provided and the guy totally dropped the ball. The opportunity for community service had to be cancelled. It was disappointing but I really enjoyed meeting all of the teachers face to face.
I took off with the boys to get some stuff done and I recommended the teachers go over to County Cork, our local Irish pub to have lunch. Most of them did :o)

2 comments:

Courtenzia said...

Don't forget the headband, the hair ribbons, the earrings, the bracelets, the green eye liner, the green eye shadow, and the shoes =P

Unknown said...

I am still offended that you posted pics of my kids and siblings but none of me in my outfit.... Sad... Guess I'm just not young enough or cute enough to be posted :-p
LPSM