Friday, December 09, 2011

Shopping and stuff

Jack Frost nipping
We've had more mornings with frost than not in the past week or so. It sure is pretty though.














The reason for frosty mornings is clear skies. Which means sunshine when I pick up the kids. Genevieve looks like she's enjoying the rays. I like the lighting provided by the sunshine in Wyatt's picture.
Blue skies and leafless trees. Looks a lot like the beginning of winter.

Both boys got haircuts



































Here are before and afters of their haircuts. It was only the second time Garrett has had me cut his hair. He did so well. In spite of being trussed up like a Christmas goose with only one hand and arm out of the cinched sack.





















Our sweet Anabelle and wonderful Henry
Little miss Anabelle has an exersaucer now. It has to be all the way to the bottom setting and then some. But her feet touch and she really enjoys being upright.
Henry is so good at playing. He sorts, stacks, and enjoys the musical toys. He had me reading the same two books over and over and over.


Grocery shopping helpers

















I rarely take the kids shopping for groceries. There are so many things to draw the group apart. But we had to pick up a couple of things so we stopped on the way home from school the other day. They are good helpers. Whole Foods has a lot of fun toys that were a distraction. Seeing their eyes light up when they were in that area of the store makes me think I need to visit up there by myself before too long.
I like that the clerks are so child friendly. Stickers for everyone!

A quick trip to Cascade Station














Logan's parents were heading north to visit with the new grandbaby. They had something to drop off to Cherise and we had something for them so we met on the east side. They had a little detour off of the freeway and we got to have a lunch outing at Subway. It worked out well. I hope they enjoyed their time with Evie, Katie and Rowan!



Christmas shopping at Lloyd Center
We did NOT buy this bear. It looked so cuddly but was the size of a twin bed!














Courtney and Garrett and Cam posed for me by my favorite trees in the whole mall. The ones decorating Nordstroms. I love the rustic decor with the bird houses and faux birch trees.








Heading home til they return for the Holidays
It was a nice day for a drive through the gorge. We loved having Cherise, Henry and Anabelle here for almost a week.

Shopping again... this time at Fred Meyer
Garrett liked having Danika share his race-cart for a bit. She opted to spend an hour in Playland. I had no complaints as I was able to pick up a few gifts while she was there.

New brews at Burgerville
This futuristic looking machine is the new pop dispenser at the Convention Center Burgerville. It is crazy! You choose the kind of soda you want and then choose whether you want a flavor added. My Coke Zero was so refreshing in lime, orange/vanilla and raspberry.


Holiday Craftiness














I took pictures of Danika's most recent craft items that are decorating her classroom. Don't you love the eyelashes on that reindeer?
Happy Holidays to Danika from Fred Bear. She was wearing this sticker when I picked her up. She was taking it off and putting it on all over her clothes. On the way home I looked in the rearview mirror and she had it smack dab on her mouth.
Sometimes I think I would enjoy the gift of silence.
Because there's not a whole lot of that around here these days.

But then I remember what a gift God's grace is. It is only by grace that we have the abilities and strength to be here for our kids and grandkids at this time. And we look forward to these Holy-days with thankful hearts.


2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Nice post! :) it's like Portland potpourri! School, shopping, silly kids, cuties, crazies, and cousins visiting. Wrapped up by some good solid truth to ground us and help us on our way.

This post is my mom <3

mommarazzi said...

Awww shucks Lys. You're too sweet. I was afraid that I had way too many things to talk about and should have broken them down into multiple posts but then tomorrow may have some stupendous thing I need to post so I crammed them all together.

I wish the photo of Cam by the tree turned out. But at least I got the one of him with the teddy bear. Looking forward to taking more pics of those three cuties of yours!!!