Saturday, December 03, 2011

Miss Evelyn Amelia has arrived!

Meet our newest granddaughter
Evelyn Amelia Godsiff
born 12/02/11
at 2:25 p.m.
7lbs 4oz ~ 19 in long
Evie doesn't look too thrilled to be out in the big cold world. It was pretty cozy and warm where she was. This picture was taken with Logan's cell phone just after the umbilical cord was snipped. She looks pink and healthy!

Momma and her little girl
She's much happier being swaddled and with her momma. Lyssa looks great for having just given birth. What a trooper! It was reported that it was 15 minutes from parking lot to delivery. Nothing like cutting it close! I'm so thankful that they made it to the hospital and that they actually got into a delivery room and Evie and Lyssa are doing great.
Grandchildren are a precious blessing!

Snug as a bug
This is still within an hour of her birth. The antibiotic ointment they put in her eyes makes her look shiny. Her dad thinks she's "ridiculously cute". We concur.

One Day Old
Serene and absolutely perfect or as Logan put it...
"practically perfect in every way!"

4 comments:

loverstreet said...

sigh. my heart is so content. so happy to see that adorable face. :)

thanks for posting pictures! i keep reloading your blog today to check for updates!

mommarazzi said...

I wish I had pictures taken with my own camera which would mean that I'd be there in person. But I'm so glad that Logan and Alyssa humored me and sent these cell phone photos.

I love technology when it allows me virtual access to all those that are near and dear to my heart! Going to be even more thankful for it soon when they aren't a couple hours away.

Courtenzia said...

Soooo cute! I can't wait to meet her!!!

Lyssa said...

Just for the record I am not as chubby as that picture makes me look... or at least I don't think I am ;)

Evie however is indeed as cute as the evidence indicates :) perhaps even more!

Thanks for getting these out Mom!! I'm gonna try to get a post up but we'll see. That little bundle is going to need me again soon. Better hurry ;)