Saturday, June 02, 2007

The 100th Rose Festival

The Portland Rose Festival opened their Water Front Village yesterday. There are many events that will take place over the next couple of weeks.

One of my favorite things is the fireworks that officially kick off the whole thing. We arrived down at the East Bank Esplanade around 7 p.m..... 3 full hours before the fireworks were to start. Even at that time the places that didn't have any obstacles in the way were taken.

It was a beautiful day and it seemed that a ton of people brought their suppers down there. We were in that group as well. A brief stop at Dominoes and we had a Pizza Night Picnic. Sebastian ( our grand-nephew) came along. Our friends Tom and Kim met us down there too.








Finally the fireworks started. I am glad we went. It was worth the wait!

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

looks like your spot wasn't too bad, nice pictures :) I wish I could have been there, i love the rose festival! Are the big boats on the river yet?

Jenn Turner said...

Great fireworks pictures! How'd you do that?

mommarazzi said...

Jenn. I just put the camera on landscape mode, turn off the flash, point and click. I wish I had a higher quality camera that I could be purposefully getting pictures of some of the big ones. I just took a bunch of pictures and they basically turned out. Kinda dumb luck.

WallaWallaDay said...

Sweet pictures! Those are realy great.