Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mom, Gramma or Mummu... what ever you call her, it was fun having her around!

My Mom and her Great-grands
Mother loved having 9 of her West Coast great-grandchildren in one place at the same time! The occasion was my brother, Gerry's, birthday and we were at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Portland.
My nephew Justin's wife and little girl. Looks like Abigail loves her Mummu!
Joylynn and her kids with Mom. She couldn't get enough of munching up these little ones.



















I wish I had gotten a good picture of Justin. I did get one of Tiffany with Justin's Abigail and one of Brad with his son Emori. Sweet, sweet babies and wonderful nieces and nephews!

Some of our kids at the O.S.F.
Kiel and Cherise and Henry!
Alyssa, Rowan and Katie!
Courtney, Hayden and Cameron!
and Katie again. I wonder what color eyes she is has? She enjoyed her strained squash while the rest of us enjoyed warm bread, yummy Italian food and fun times with the family.

PUMPKIN PATCH
It's not easy getting someone who is bent on helping and helping and helping out of the house. Alyssa and I simply said that we were taking the kids to the pumpkin patch and Mom had to go too. She didn't complain too loudly and it turned out to be a beautiful day! Wish Wyatt could have been there too but he was in school.
Rowan so looks the part of a ranch kid!
Mr Sunglasses was the only one who could comfortably look towards the camera... but you can see all of them anyway.
Posing with Linus and Sally and looking forward to "The Great Pumpkin".
The kids didn't get all the fun. Mom and I got down on our knees for this shot. Not an easy feat for either of us but she did better than I did.

Beautiful Sauvies Island















The cabbage field next to the pumpkin patch was being harvested as we were walking out to get our pumpkins. It is so peaceful out there. I wish we had more time to spend. Would have loved to wander through the u-pick flower fields. Perhaps we can get out there one more time before the frost gets them all.




Household Chores
Mother spent the majority of her time here cleaning and doing laundry and sorting through stuff. If I didn't have so many projects undone around here we would have had a lot more adventures. But that's the way it was this trip.
Katie has started to pull herself up onto her knees and then up on her feet. Here she is going through the clean laundry perhaps wondering where her other sock is.

My Littlest Buddy
Garrett is such a good baby. Very mellow and just content to "go with the flow". I caught him taking to his toy bird while we waited for Courtney and Wyatt to run into Safeway.

One of these days I'll be able to shop all my myself and I'll probably miss these hectic times.
For now I'm thankful for the time I had with my mom these past two weeks. It went by too fast!

No comments: