Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Everything's A-OK

A new experience at
The Oregon Clinic

Harlan had a physical about a month ago and it was recommended that he get a colonoscopy. He thought it was up to him to call and set up an appointment. Nope. It was a "Don't call us. We'll call you." thing. They called and he made an appointment.
For those of you who've had them you know there is a preparation time. He did all the necessary things.

View from the waiting room
I was his designated driver so for the couple of hours we were there I had little to do but look out the window and watch how busy that little (maybe not so little) intersection of I-84 and I-205 is. It also is a main transit mall with buses and Max trains coming and going.


I watched traffic to the left of me and traffic to the right of me and even some people watching.

I've always liked these "feather"veins as I've driven by them on the freeway. I've never seen them from this direction.
I asked a nurse at one point how long the procedure was going to take. She said that Har's particular doctor was "running behind" ;0)

Grey day turned to colorful sunset















As I sat there I saw a break in the clouds and figured the sun would be peaking through before it set. It did but not before it had dropped behind Mt Tabor. It sure was a pretty sunset!





Relieved it was over and well rested
Of course I had to take a picture of him in recovery. We have other photos too, from the doctor, but I told him I wouldn't post them on the blog.

After two days of no food we went to
Applebees!















I was not two days without food but Har was and since he was given no restrictions as far as diet goes we went out to eat on the way home.
It was very nice to sit and enjoy a meal knowing that Courtney, Jess, Hayden and Cam and the kids were having food that was crock potted and time baked for them.


How can they say these are for kids?




















One of the girls brought this tub of tiny buttery vanilla cookies to the house for the kids. These cookies are perfect with a cup of tea. They are also great fun to spell things with. Wyatt, Genevieve, Rowan, & Danika had fun trying to make words. Lyssa and I found the letters to make their names. Fun times with food.

Today with only a single layer in the bottom of the container I made this message.
Pay no attention to the grammar.
It's the sentiment that counts!

I'm glad his procedure is done with. Now it's my turn :P

2 comments:

Reese said...

That food looks good. Yeah, they had given me guidelines for what not to eat and I ignored them. Must've been a different sort of anesthesia. Glad you got a date out of the whole ordeal :)

Lyssa said...

That's a good picture of Dad :) Not that you'd want to frame it for the mantel or anything considering the wardrobe.... but he does look good ;)

Also that dessert looks FANTASTIC... I would like some right now. yum :)