Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A weekend with Grand-girls

Enjoying the color while we can



We actually looked at our house in the end of October twenty-five years ago. I fell in love with the river rock porch and chimney and the beautiful maple trees. Those maples have been a source of glorious color over the years. They are almost always the last leaves to fall so we get to enjoy them the longest. This past weekend Genevieve and Danika got to enjoy those leaves too.



Breakfast out with Grampa and Gramma is a treat!



We love the senior menus at most restaurants these days. It's kind to our waists and our pocket book.

Har and I are like Jack Sprat and his wife in reverse. He got to indulge in a pumpkin coffee with whipped cream and I enjoyed my dark roast coffee without cream.





Those girlies had the full Jr Slam with pancakes, eggs, sausage and pancakes. Though they could have split one meal as Danika polished off all the pancakes on her plate and some of the eggs, whereas Genevieve ate only the eggs and meat (including her sister's). 
A bit like Jack Sprat's grandchildren, hey?

Bath time beauty



 Danika decided that she was bathing and Genevieve passed. So I went up and sat while the tub was running and made sure that her hair got washed and rinsed well. I would tend to have a problem getting all the bubbles out if I had lovely Rapunzel type of hair like this one. G'vieve and Gramma, we like ours short and sassy ;0)






Coloring projects




A while back I picked up some holiday type crafts and stowed them for times like these. After church the girls got to color and write down several things they are thankful for.

I don't know if you can read the items after the coloring was done but..
I, for one, am thankful for weekends like these.
And any time I can spend with those sweet girls!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

What a sweet weekend! :) I only wish it didn't take 3,000 miles and a bit of cash to send my girls to Gramma and Grampa's for the weekend ;)

I love those turkeys!! I think I'm gonna have to copy those for our own festive crafty times. Very cute!