Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The unseen garden finally was seen

Portland's Japanese Garden
in Washington Park
Harlan and I have lived in this area for over 34 years and have never done a lot of the touristy things. On Veteran's Day the Japanese Garden had free admission. Hayden's Japanese teacher told her class about it and he got extra credit for visiting there. So Cam, Har and I  tagged along and made it a family outing.



It is located just west of the Rose Garden in Washington Park which means it's up further on the hillside. We walked through the entrance gate and hiked  up, up, up until we reached the admission's gate. I'm so glad we took the time to visit. I'm tempted to buy a membership to be able to go up there to walk, take photos and just be in the serenity that surrounds the place.

Enjoy this photo tour ;0)




















It's a gorgeous place to visit in the fall!
Cam mentioned that he'd like to go at cherry blossom time in the spring.
Looks like that membership may be on my Christmas wish list.

Happy Veteran's Day
All day Monday, I was thinking of those men and women who have serve this country in the Armed Services.  I'm proud to say that I am related to many of those individuals. 
Thank you for making those sacrifices.
May we never take our freedoms for granted.

No comments: