Saturday, November 02, 2013

My quick trip to Tri-cities

Last weekend found me motoring to
 Eastern Washington 
I got a call from Cherise saying that she was going to have a surgery to repair an umbilical hernia. It didn't take long to determine that I wanted to be there to watch the kids while she and Kiel were at the hospital. I ended up renting a car and heading out early Friday morning after I dropped Cam off at school. Harlan would have loved to go with me but he was on call for work all weekend. And I'm sure our social butterfly of a youngest son appreciated all of the transportation that was provided by his Dad over those 60 hours I was gone.

Here are several photos I took on my trip there and in the couple short days I could stay.





The family was waiting for my arrival


Cherise was supposed to be taking it easy and not eating or drinking anything before she left for the procedure. 
I took a couple pictures and then the camera was commandeered by Henry.


He took a lot of pictures of the house. He's got a quick little trigger finger there.
When Mom and Dad were gone







We played, they played together and separately. It was cute watching Bellie with her baby dolls and Henry playing a video game. They had supper and we watched the sun dip lower and the colors get deeper in the orchard.


Baths and bedtime



They are so fun! and funny!
 This little book about a gosling named Ollie reminds me of Henry and Anabelle waiting for their baby brother Quinn. Though Anabelle is pretty clueless about how her little world is going to be changed come February, Henry is pretty excited to be getting a brother.
Saturday's doings


 My "job" was to lend a hand where I could. I know how to make meals so that is pretty much what I did. Kiel was in charge of keeping Cherise resting as much as possible along with getting a bunch of things done on his todo list. Anabelle enjoyed watching her dad climb and vacuum the window sills and walls and ceiling in the great room.





We played outside in the leaves on the deck and got them all moved to the side yard.


Kiel could have cleared the deck in a matter of minutes with that leaf blower but he was nice enough to let me play and reminisce about playing in crunchy leaves every fall growing up.
Anabelle was entertained by the leaves raining down from up on the roof where her dad was working.

It's so pretty in the fall there. They have so many varieties of trees.


They're turning into rural kids





Dusk fell with another beautiful sunset.






 I had to leave on Sunday before evening came. I ran to the store with Henry and gave him a little outing before I left. He and I picked up a pumpkin spice latte for his mom and  before too long I had to hit the road back to Portland.
I'm very thankful that things turned out well with the surgery and that I was able to be there!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

You are a good gramma mom :) blessings all around with that trip. Cherise and Kiel blessed with an awesome sitter/cook, the kids blessed with gramma time, gramma blessed with Henry/Bellie time, not to mention time at the awesome orchard house with beautiful sunsets :) good times.