Monday, November 04, 2013

The rest of October flew by

Seasons come and seasons go


I've gone for a couple more walks up at the zoo. At Safeway I saw these stuffed animal "flowers". They are cute and I suppose they would bring cheer to a little person in lieu of real flowers.
I'm continuing my journey toward health
I'm trying to make good decisions about what goes into my mouth. I do drink a lot of water every day but have a few cups of coffee a week as well. A "senior coffee" at Freddy's is a buck!
Spending some time with my Best Boys







and a giggly Grand-girl too.
I got to peruse some Christmas displays









And enjoyed some Fall decor 



Genevieve and Danika both at physicals last week and Garrett wanted to go with us.





I love their pediatrician! She is always so encouraging and supportive. Neither girl needed any immunizations and both are very healthy :D
After appointment outing



I needed to gas up the van at Fred Meyer fuel so I treated the kids to Starbucks followed by a walk down to...
















It was time for Genevieve to get a trim. She loves getting her hair shampooed and cut.
Cutie girl!
The colored leaves are still here
This has been the most glorious fall in my memory. I have been in awe of the beautiful colorful displays everywhere I drive around the city.
Halloween has come and gone
This is the only picture I have of what Garrett dressed like for Halloween. He had a red mask to go with this ninja turtle gear. Wyatt was a Ninja Turtle too and the girls were a bat and Tinkerbell.
Out east the kids' classes had parades. Katie was a princess fairy at her preschool and Rowan was Farmer Seed from a book called "The Giant Jam Sandwich" (his school had everyone dress as a story book character and they marched around carrying their books.
He changed for Trick-or-treating into a pirate knight and Evie was a mouse.
She should have been hanging out with Anabelle on this side of the country.
She was a "mao" kitty and Henry was Builder-Guy!
I had some Halloween fun of my own



I got to carve or drill pumpkins to decorate the porch. Courtney and I dressed up and handed out candy to lots of cute little kids that came to our door. 
With my determination to get healthy I wanted most of that candy gone by the end of the night. Needless to say I was a very generous Gramma-butterfly ;)

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Looks like a great October :) grandkids a-plenty and a fun Halloween to boot! I wish we'd gotten around to carving pumpkins but this year was crazy with events and anticipated arrivals etc. ah well, at least the kids are young enough they probably won't remember ;) haha.