Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Enchanting visits to wonderful places

A few weeks ago I got a call from my friend, Jan. She had been to a quilt shop that was having an unbelievable sale on some of their fabrics and was wondering if I'd like to go back there with her. YES! The only quilt shop I've ever been to was the one my sister, Kelly, works at in Occoquan, VA.
Jan picked me up on a Friday morning and we went to a colorful and amazing place that I could easily spend days in.















Then Jan introduced me to a tea room! I've never been to one and it was delightful. This is the same place that I brought Genevieve and Danika to the following week :0)
















I want to go back here on my birthday. Jan said that they decorate nicely for Christmas.
Harlan's turn to be in his element
Har has shopped at this Woodcrafters for years. It's not very far from his work and is a nice lunchtime walk for him to go down there and back. I went inside for the first time and I understand a little bit of why he gets motivated when he wanders around the place. It's like me in a fabric store :0)










Our Saturday morning breakfast
 and a trip to Rockler


We've been thoroughly enjoying our backyard and our front porch this summer.  On recent Saturday morning found us out there enjoying the sunshine and coffee.
Harlan has been working on a rack for the back of the truck. It will enable us to haul more without worrying about whether we are scattering debris from here to the dump. 



Beaverton Town Square is pretty smart to put a yarn store next to Rockler. Now if they'd put in a fabric store too that would be ideal!











The final pieces were fabricated and now we have a fully contained truck bed rack that protects the truck windows and is easily broken down for storage. My husband is a brilliant and efficient designer and fabricator.

No comments: