Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Afternoon PT

Pediatric PT
Garrett's pediatrician has been concerned about his neurological and physical development since he was a tiny baby. She put in a referral to be evaluated when he was 4 months old. I didn't hear anything. She put in another one at 6 months. Again I didn't get contacted. Finally at his 9 month check we got the ball rolling. At the evaluation it was determined that he was a couple months behind in physically. They gave me some things to work with him on. Yesterday was his first official PT appointment. Joylynn and I were both able to be there. The same therapist that evaluated him was the one that saw him yesterday.

She was so pleased with all that he could do. He kept crawling over to the mirror and standing up and reaching for balls she put along the exercise bar that was there. He also crawled over to a bench that she put toys on. She kept moving them and encouraging him to move to get them.
He wasn't sure that he liked this form of balance work. He was apprehensive about being so high on a bouncy surface.
Doesn't look like he's worn out from the workout. He will be seen again next month and if he is making the same progress he's made so far he won't have to go any more! He's pretty much caught up with his age level.

#1 Reardon son
Jess picked up Wyatt from school and met us up at the clinic. They were waiting in the lobby. Wyatt, Garrett and I piled into our van while J&J rode in their rig back to our place. I parked in a spot that was next to this wall. I told Wyatt that I remembered where I parked because I thought of him. My #1 Reardon grandson!

Wishes
We have quite a crop of these things but I think the neighbors are ahead of us this year. When we pulled in after school I said, "Look at all the wishes, Wyatt". He asked why I called them wishes. I said that sometimes people pick them and blow them and make a wish. He said, "I call them dandelions."
I guess I'll start calling him, Mr Technical.

2 comments:

Courtenzia said...

Garrett is growing up real good =) He's gonna be walking soon, I bet.

How hard was it to get Wyatt to pose like that?? =P

I always thought of them as "wishes" too. He's a very literal child =P

loverstreet said...

my friend introduced me to the concept of wishes. it makes me smile to think of them that way, because i pessimistically thought of them as weeds for most of my life. too bad your yard is full of weeds, but a yard full of wishes is a whole different thing! :)
glad garrett is doing well! love his expressions!