Saturday, May 07, 2011

Zoo trip and coming up on Mother's Day

Oregon ZOO
I renewed our zoo pass. I made sure that Henry, Katie and Garrett are now on there. I love that the Patron level of zoo membership allows for grandparents to add their grandchildren on as zoo members. It pays for itself in less than 2 visits when I count the two guests that are able to get in free too. Zoo membership is a great deal anyway.
Above are the kids and grands that went for the day of adventure. They all look ready for the drizzly day.


















At least Rowan and Katie were. Lyssa forgot her jacket, so a trip to the gift shop for a hoody was in order.
It now belongs to Hayden.

One of my Blossoms!
Katie looked like a bouquet of color sitting in the living room the other morning. My mother, affectionately calls toddlers "little fart blossoms". Not exactly my term of endearment but somehow it works when Mother says it. This little fart blossom is in motion all the time. If she is awake she is going. One thing that is super sweet is that she loves to have a cuddle blanket when she is tired. She doesn't have one favorite, like Rowan does, but she loves each and every one of the flannel blankets I've made her.














The double sided flannel on the left is one of Katie's new ones the one on the right is for Cherise's little Anabelle.










Shopping before naptime
Alyssa needed a few things and I hadn't been grocery shopping in ages so we headed to Freddies. About halfway through our trip we realized that Lyssa hadn't had breakfast and Katie was needing a snack. Lys bought a yogurt and fruit cup and some Snapple. All the tables in the deli were occupied so we headed for the furniture section, spread Kate's blanket on a bistro table and had a little bite. I love how flexible you need to be with toddlers.

One of those days :P
This morning I was quickly allowing myself to get caught up in various things that were worrisome and bothersome. I was turning rapidly into "Hazel Dithers". The final straw was discovering an ant trail that I thought we'd taken care of a few weeks ago. They were back!!! AAAGGGGGHHHHHH! I got some ant spray out since there were no babies around and no food around and killed those critters. Of course afterward I was scrubbing up ants and insecticide residue while still fuming myself, when something caught between the counter and backsplash wouldn't be budged. I put some muscle into getting it loose. I took the above picture of what it was... a tiny piece of magnet with a word on it. I got the point.

Mother's Day
Our niece's husband took this candid shot of Mom and me just before Courtney's wedding ceremony. Mother being Mother and me being me.
Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you!
Thanks for keeping me put together ;)

5 comments:

Courtenzia said...

That zoo trip was fun. Even if Alyssa, Joylynn, Charlie, and I had to keep yelling out each kids' name when they decided to run off =P

Katie is a little fart blossom. She's so busy running around all the time. I wonder when she'll start talking =P

I really like the blankies you made. They're super cute! Isn't the furniture section great? So handy =P Gramma is a good mom. She gave me the best mom!

Reese said...

I get to go to the Zoo soon. I'm so excited to take Henry. He hasn't been to the zoo (other than for zoo lights) in sooo long. He will love it so much!

I'm excited about that blanket too. Little pink things make me happy.

Lyssa said...

Thanks again for getting a hoody for me to borrow. It was quite warm and stylish to boot! (as far as hoodies go anyway ;) ) I love coming upon little reminders like your magnet :) you should find a conspicuous spot for it to live.

I too wonder when Katie will start talking and I'm quite sure that about 5 minutes after that i'll begin to wonder when she'll stop. She seems to have quite a lot to say now using just her little girl "grunts" and pointing! ;)

Courtenzia said...

Hey, Cherise. You should let us know when your gonna go to the zoo cause we have a zoo pass and can meet you there if you want =)

Lola Bacon said...

Happy Mother's day to one of my greatest mothers!