Sunday, May 08, 2011

Lovely Mother's Day!

Mom's Day 2011
I had an extended celebration that started with a pedicure with Alyssa on Wednesday. She and Katie bought me a lovely scarf. I got earrings, candy, food, flowers and a couple of DVDs. I felt extremely pampered.

Sunday Dinner with the boys
Since Mother's Day fell on our day of "rest"aurants... we wanted to find someplace to eat after church that wasn't packed with people treating Mom. We planned to have a large roast beef dinner at home this evening so I brainstormed and came up with a winner (I thought so anyway).
Harlan, Hayden, Cam and I ate at St Vincent's Hospital cafeteria. No lines, lovely view of the courtyard and fine food for the price.

Dessert destination
We made a Starbucks stop on the way home. Dessert drinks for the boys and coffee and treats for Har and I.


This evening the grandkids came back to us. Courtney and Charlie were here for dinner. Rylan (who worked today) was able to have dinner with us as well. Krystle and Nate were here for dessert. Tomorrow we get back to normal... whatever that is.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Very creative lunch destination! :) we had yummy sandwiches at home ala Logan. No desert today aside from the Ben and Jerry's that I had a few bites of during nap time. I'm happy you felt pampered, it's how a mom should feel on her day!

I love you, I hope your return to "normal" goes smoothly :) once again because it is after all, still today, happy mother's day mom :)