Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Birthday and work party

Can't get enough of Henry!

Almost all of the photos I took of




Henry this weekend didn't turn out, so I stole some of Cherise's that were taken at the zoo on Friday. I picked up the hat for him at Target because it was "so him". Does he look like Kiel's little "mini me" or what!

















My teacup for the day
After a wonderful weekend I'm still smiling on the outside too!


















Cherise and Henry just about to leave for home.

Joylynn stopping to smell the flowers.

Alyssa and Courtney keeping babies occupied. We all were busy with something.

Logan and Alyssa treated Har to a birthday breakfast



















The little kids split a kids meal only because they had both already had breakfast. If they hadn't, they'd probably each have polished off a full meal.
Logan's picture perfect strawberry extravaganza!

Work Day












We have been waiting for the weather and for Mr Motivation to come together for a good work day. It happened! Lyssa dressed for the occasion and Logan was pumped. Hayden, Cameron and Charlie put in several hours of pulling, pruning and packing stuff out of the yard and house.
It is a big improvement! I'm hoping it is going to kick off our summer construction plans. Gotta get someplace safe for the kiddoes to play outside.

Love, Peace and Flower Power



















Charlie plays the guitar beautifully... and since I haven't learned to play yet, so it's nice that somebody uses it. He was entertaining the grands out on the front porch. Courtney was looking thoughtful being a flower child from the '90s.

P~A~R~T~Y!













Courtney brought over surprise dessert that we stuck candles in and enjoyed after lunch. It was a nice break from the workday. Har seemed pleased to have most of the kids and grandkids here for the day.





Life doesn't suck! Shop Vacs do!
The boys and I got Har a new Craftsman shop vac for his birthday. He also stopped by Rockler on the way home from breakfast and bought a container that attaches to it to catch the larger wood chips and debris. It works very well!
***************************
We've been through a lot this past year and sometimes my hubby can be a "glass half empty" sort of guy. Especially around his birthday time, he takes inventory of his life and accomplishments. I don't know why some people can't see their positive qualities. Harlan is an amazing man, husband, dad and grampa! Gotta work harder to get him to see that.

View from my window
This is what Garrett and I saw when we pulled back the curtain this morning. Dirty window aside, I love the view from my living room! Especially on a sunny morning.
Life is good.

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

The dirty window is just a reminder of the sweet babies in your life growing big enough to reach the windows and curious to see what's outside! :)

Tiny fingerprints are signs of huge blessing.

Courtenzia said...

I'm glad Dad liked the dessert I brought =)And I agree with Alyssa.

(Sorry I didn't comment right when I got home. Charlie had the computer =/)

Reese said...

I can't get enough of Henry either!

Or strawberries. Those breakfasts look amazing and the berry thing Courtney made!

Henry and I bought some more strawberries today. Have to figure out what to do with them.

Courtenzia said...

Cherise: make a smoothie? Have angel food cake with strawberries on top? Make one of those tartish things? Make a fruit salad? Dip them in chocolate? Just snack on them?