Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Week of fun times

Coffee with my grand-girls
Danika informed her mother that she wanted me to take her out for coffee. So on Tuesday morning I drove out there and picked up her and Genevieve and took them for coffee.
Love those petite pastries! Just perfect for little women.
Had to take them over to Target for a little shopping. Danika kept saying it was
"the BEST DAY EVER!" I must admit it was pretty great.

Happy Hour Date with the Hub











































Har and I have begun to have our weekly date time again. It has traditionally been to meet for Happy Hour when he got off of work on Tuesday or Thursday.


It worked out much better this week to meet on Tuesday. He more often than not orders the burger. It is super messy and tasty. He also orders a cone of fries.

I mix it up. This week it was a fish taco and prawns. It is a pretty cheap date as dates go. We also are getting to know the wait staff and it's kind of our own version of "Cheers".

Lyssa and the kids are here


















It was such a lovely morning that Katie wanted to play out on the porch. I went out with her and after playing for a bit she informed me that a stroller ride up to Starbucks would be just great. So we summoned her mom and went for a walk. I got to have coffee with all three of my granddaughters in the same week! I'll have to wait a little while until I can be taking Cherise's little girl there but she is due in 9 weeks! So it's not super long.




Courtney is now a brunette?














Came home from Lacey to discover a box from hair dye in the bathroom trash. I was curious but thought perhaps one of Krystle's friends came by and had her do their hair. Nope, it was our youngest daughter. She popped in today and I was surprised I even recognized her. After seeing it a few times over the course of several hours, it's starting to grow on me. I think the waves in her hair are more visible with it being darker.







Help with yardwork
The boys were out in the yard mowing and weeding. Rowan asked for work gloves too. He didn't stay out there very long but he sure was cute in his Sponge Bob gloves.

My kids ROCK!



















One of the projects that has been needing to be done is weeding between the river rocks beneath the maple tree. It seems when the weeds spring up, they are hard to get to. Alyssa and the boys removed all the rocks, rearranged the weed barrier and put the rocks back in place! I guess the old saying holds...a job worth doing is worth doing right.
Thanks guys!

2 comments:

Reese said...

When did you get that little play structure? Henry LOVES slides...

And we also like walking to Starbucks! Only two more weeks!

Kathryn said...

Can I have the play structure for my goats when the grandkids are all done with it? haha. I think the goats will have died from old age.

Isn't it nice to have play weather, at least on some days?!