Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day weekend

Memory Lane

Garrett's 1st birthday is coming up so I perused the toy aisle in Target. I was blown away that they have these Fisher Price toys that are, I'm pretty sure, identical to the ones that we played with as kids and that our kids had as well.
It was difficult to make a choice but I chose the Grandfather's Clock. Turned the knob on the back and listened to the classic tune and was taken back in time to the early '60s. Isn't it amazing how our brains can be triggered by sounds, odors and sights to remind us of days gone by.

Double Date Night
Courtney and Charlie introduced us to the Macaroni Grill. We'd never heard of it before. They had a gift certificate so we thought we'd try it out.
We had a nice time in spite of a less than personable waitress. Posed for photos outside the building. It was really a pretty place.

Should have submitted Year book pictures


















We opted not to submit photos to the Connections Academy yearbook this year. I took a couple pictures this weekend that would have been great though. How often do we get smiling photos of these guys?


Sound Men
Harlan ran sound at Central Bible Church solo for the first time this past Sunday. Our friend David heard about it and came to lend a hand and some moral support. What a guy!

New Dos


































Because of some unfortunate choices made by a certain young man, Danika needed to have her hair cut. I convinced Genevieve to let me cut hers as well because we were going to cut it for the summer anyway. I didn't have a good before pic of Danika but am putting two of her anyway. They have decided that Genevieve is "Dora" and Danika is "Ramona". I think they both are cute as lady-bugs!

"Is breakfast ready?"
Garrett was a busy boy this morning. I need to get a creative solution to keep babies and cats out of my planter. I don't think the cats have been an issue yet but the littles have found the dirt pleasant to play in.

Reunion quilt
I will be attending a family reunion this summer in Michigan. We are encouraged to contribute to a silent auction to defer some of the costs of the facility. I'm making a twin size quilt out of these fabrics. The one on the far right is for the entire back of the quilt. I am placing the rest in a diamond pattern. I have them sandwiched and stacked but have to get sewing.

Can't believe June is a couple of days away!
Only 12 more days of driving Wyatt to school!!!!
I'm looking forward to summer almost as much as the kids!

5 comments:

Reese said...

The girl's hair turned out cute.
So did those boys =)

Courtenzia said...

I only remember two of those toys. Thanks for coming with us =)

Cam has such a great smile, I don't know why he doesn't smile for more pictures. Hayden too, but he smiles for pictures pretty often.
I kinda like Genevieve's hair longer, but Danika is a cutie bug with shorter hair.

And Garrett is so so cute, as always =)

Reese said...

Courts, you only remember two of the toys because "we" only had two of those four.

Unless you were around in the early 60's with mom and her clock toy. But I don't think so :)

Lyssa said...

Those girlys look great, super cute! I love the retro toy section :) I remember playing with our record player. Good times :)

Helen at A Work of Heart said...

I love the pictures as usual!
I know I went to Target awhile back with Carl and we were having so much fun with those classic toys...fun fun fun!
Glad you discovered Macaroni Grill...it's only a once a year visit...oh the calories...yikes! But well worth it!