Sunday, August 11, 2013

All good things must...

Time to take off
Kelly came over to see us off. I wish I could get her to come out west soon. I may not be able to get her west of Spokane though since she's got a grandbaby there.  I think this is the only family picture I took of these 5 for the whole time we were there. I took a bunch of group shots but it was almost always with somebody else in the pic too. The kids were pretty excited about getting to go to the airport again. 


Back to Reagan

I wanted to get a photo of this 9ft tall statue of Ronald Reagan for our Rylan but drove by it only once and there wasn't exactly anywhere to pull over to get a photo op. I swiped this photo from a news story about the unveiling of the statue. It is pretty impressive and I think they need to have postcards with pictures of it or something available.
Patient farewell party


Airports are pretty fun even when you aren't the ones traveling. Everything is so shiny and there are so many things to look at! The kids visited with Grampa and the Uncles while I shopped for some last minute souvenirs to take back to Portland.
It's especially nice when Mom and Dad promise treats on the way home :)
We had such a great time with these guys that it was hard to leave. But we had to :_(
It was going to be a long day of traveling



We didn't have a nonstop flight to Portland this time. We had a layover in L.A. We landed at 10:20 p.m. eastern time. It was still early here on the west coast but some of us were up at 6 a.m. eastern to go bike riding with Logan.



We got to introduce the kids to airport shuttle buses between terminals. Adventures in travel.
Har and I were dressed alike again for the trip. I didn't realize we had so many matching outfits! But I guess white shirts are pretty much in everyone's wardrobes.
Picked up at PDX


Har's brother Howard was waiting in the cell phone lot for us to give him the signal to swing by to pick us up.

We got in about 11:45 p.m., kinda late but I found I was pretty perky for as long as we'd been awake. Harlan and Courtney were the ones that had to worry about getting to sleep. They both had to work the next day.
Looking back on July and all it contained
It still seems unreal that we were able to do and see all the things we did. While looking through the thousand plus pictures of our time away I am in awe. 
We truly are Blessed and I am very very Grateful

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I feel the same way :) I am so grateful that you all got to travel so far to hang out with us a while. I am blessed that we are not SO far that such a thing might be impossible. We are so blessed. Thank you for your part in that blessing, for watching the kids during our southern jaunt, for all the dishes you did and the meals you cooked. You didn't have to but you did. I am blessed and honored to have a mom like you. Thank you also for all these blog posts, for the record of good times and sweet memories. I will very likely revisit them even more than the many times I already have :)

I love you Mom... now on to western things and that wonderful PNW fall! :)