Tuesday, August 06, 2013

While Mom and Dad are away

Three nights and three days for fun
Evie left some hugs and kisses in her cereal bowl for me :)



One meal down and we're getting along pretty well. Super fun and super cute.



Hanging out with Kel
While Harlan worked on a project at Lyssa and Logan's, the girls and I went over to hang out with Kelly at her place. She has tastes of home (the Copper Country) all around her house. I'd love to come back at Christmas when she decorates with things she's collected from the places they've lived around  the world. Perhaps when they retire to their Valley house I'll get there during the holidays.
 IKEA shopping with Kel and Tiia
Kelly needed a few things from IKEA so I volunteered to go with her.



These girls are good eaters!
 There is a play place in the drapery area. It must be an area of the store that fosters more time to be spent there than others. 


I picked up an apron. It's super long to protect you from neck to knees! When I'm cookin' I need that.
Meeting up at Frostie Moose




Chocolate soft serve with sprinkles ;)  This is a favorite place of theirs. I'm glad that we got to take them there!
IHOP for breakfast with the grands



Since Hayden and Cam were at Kelly's we thought it'd be special for us to brave taking out these guys for breakfast.



They were all hungry and made short work of their pancakes. Even Evelyn, who likes meat and eggs with her pancakes cleaned her plate. I'm glad that my pancake from home blended in nicely with the rest of the meals. I don't mind being on a different meal schedule and menu than others but sometimes it's nice to not stick out.
A kind patron offered to take a photo of all five of us.
We've got one thumbs up and one silly face. I'll take that as a sign of a successful outing!


1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Wow mom! You are blogging at lightning speed! It's nice to finally see more pics of what you folks were up to. Though you did keep us well informed during our jaunt down south. These are all great posts and so much fun! I wish our work could bring us closer to home but... Well, seasons and all that. Ether way I love your vacation series and can't wait to see the rest of your sunny summery fun :)