Saturday, August 10, 2013

Beauty, the beholder, and all that

The most photographed hydrangeas ever














I think I took at least one picture of these hydrangeas per day. They were so pretty. They grow on an embankment near the little creek on the side of their driveway.
Alyssa should pick them to dry this fall.

Courtney bought Alyssa some white hydrangeas and roses. They graced the table in the formal dining room.
I love a nice planter arrangement
This new shopping development had very nice planters on every corner.
These cattails were growing along the freeway near the Cracker Barrel that we went to for dinner.
I found this solar powered welcome stake at the hardware store when I went with Har. It "looked like" Alyssa to me so I bought it and stuck it in the potted plant at the end of her sidewalk. It is a nice little addition to the decor.
Attic Treasures and Sew Easy



My sister, Kelly works at this little shop in Occoquan. It is an amazing place, full of inspirational sewing projects and fabrics and notions. I got to spend the afternoon there learning how to paint with thread.

They teach various classes there and this class was offered on a day that we couldn't make it. Kel arranged for me to have a private tutoring session. The example piece is on the left above and the beginnings of my tree is on the right. I'm looking forward to getting my project back out and working on it. 
This photo doesn't do this autumn creation justice. It is a very beautiful three dimensional piece of artwork done with a technique that was taught at Sew Easy as well. The women that work there are so talented! I appreciate them sharing their time and encouragement with me.
Thanks Kel! for all you did to make my afternoon with you so memorable.



No comments: