Friday, September 27, 2013

B'fast helpers ~ another look back at our Tri-cities weekend

They have a wonderfully set up kitchen 



While the others were doing projects in other parts of the house, I got to rattle around in the kitchen. I made a couple meals and ooohed and aaahed over all the cool things about this new place. Cherise and I are collecting Starbuck's mugs.  She has all of the ones I have but also has a Montreal one from a previous collection. 



Anabelle has this cool little dsh that makes sure that she gets a balanced diet. We were going to have salmon, rice and veggies but since there was a fruit section we had some of those yummy nectarines. There were enough left over to eat with breakfast on Sunday too.
With the stuff moved out of the living room I got a good picture of their back deck in a reflection in the "apple" on the back of their computer. 
Helping in the kitchen
Cherise and the kids made some pannukakku for breakfast.



Cherise was making a regular one and Henry was mixing up a gluten free batch.



They came out of the oven looking yummy and the boy looked mighty proud.
Yup - they were yummy!



Kids tend not to be picky if they help make the food. They guys aren't picky anyway but they especially chowed down on that breakfast.
A couple of parting shots



I love that they have room to run and Anabelle has horses to watch from the kitchen window :)
There was the tiniest sliver of a moon in the sky as we drove toward Portland as night fell.
I can't wait to get back to Cherise's again. Hopefully sometime in October and I heard a rumor that we're invited back in November. Sounds like a plan!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still have a California mug sitting on my fridge for you. You are getting quite the collection.