Friday, September 13, 2013

My baby girl has a tattoo!

Courtney all grown up 
and making permanent decisions



I woke up on August 15th not knowing I would be asked to come and be with Courtney as she got her first tattoo. She'd talked about getting one for awhile and I guess it was decided that it was time.


The tatoo artist said that she chose a difficult spot for him to work on and that it was a painful area to have it done as well. Courtney did fabulously at relaxing through the whole thing. She is going to be a trooper at labor pains when they decide that it's time to get one of those babies. 
A can't say that I wasn't freaked out at the idea of this permanent art piece on her body. But if you're going to get something like this, a lovely scripture in a beautiful font is a great choice!

I'm starting to think more seriously about getting that sister tat with Kelly and Kara. Perhaps a couple of apple blossoms on our ankles? It would keep our Michigan roots close.

Courtenzia and her goofy dad
Courtney was on her phone (big shock!) when we came out of Freddy's not long ago and Har decided to mimic her posture and every gesture. I should have had a video camera instead of a still. 
I edited it to make it more artsy to go with this post.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

That's one of the best tattoos I've seen. As far as one that will last not only on your skin but it will never lose its "coolness", the meaning and strength of those words will not fade. Well done Coco. Now she can tell everyone how tough she is ;)