Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy hour reinstated

It's been a foggy few days
I have no trees and mountain meadows nearby so I end up marveling at the loveliness of construction sites in the fog. 
We had a happy hour date :0)
I'm sure this poster was encouraging an alcoholic beverage but hydrating is a great first when you need to "pull yourself together". I found I was in need of hydration and some time with my favorite guy so I phoned him at work and told him where he could find me at quittin' time.
The tall building in the center of the construction photo was our view from the table at Stanford's. 

It has been years since we've been to Stanford's for HH. They have great burgers and things make me a happy camper too.
The bread pudding wasn't something to write home about but Har enjoyed it and I enjoyed my date with him.
Updating their look and logo



I wanted to buy these off of the display at Macy's. I think I'm going to have to get something like it when I eventually get a sewing room. 
Trying out a new breakfast place
We've been wanting to try out the breakfast at Bob's Red Mill down in Milwaukee for years. Harlan had to run down to Lowe's so I schemed to drive and took him out for b'fast before we went to pick up his building stuff.










I loved the atmosphere!
They are remodeling their kitchen to be able to serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner starting sometime in February.
This is as close as we in the NW get to a Cracker Barrel ;0)
Fun place...but I spent way too much $$$ in their store!!!
Bird watching
I sat in the truck while Har went into Lowe's and was treated to huge flocks of geese flying by. There were easily several hundred over the time I was waiting.
FaceTime and Skype are some of my favorite things to do

Garrett loves to call me on his mom's iPod via FaceTime. I mainly see his forehead  or the ceiling or the dog or ... but he loves it and we make funny faces at each other.
The other night a FaceTime episode with Danika had me talking a melting down gal through a lesson in braiding her own hair for bed. That little sweet smile and dried tears says it all.
Love these precious times!
But there isn't much that beats in person snuggles ;0)

















or having them spend time with the Aunties or the Uncles.
Goofy kids.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Oh I can't wait for our next visit home! I love all your HH places. I can't wait to try bobs red mill and I especially am lookin forward to those in-person snuggles!