Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My recent projects

An inspirational photo
A friend "liked" this photo on Facebook. It's a rag quilt with some fancy borders. I thought to myself, "I can do that!" So I've been experimenting a bit.
I made a queen sized quilt for Har and me

These fabrics were ones I bought to make a Christmas quilt for myself. I had a bolt of the green flannel that I had picked up last year that I used for the back. I had the green and grey flannel in my stash too. I'm loving the effect so much I've made a couple lap sized ones using the same technique.

                       What do you think?


I made a striped border out of strips of the various fabrics I bought to make a quilt for our newest grandson, who is due to arrive soon. The stripes go around the perimeter of the back of the quilt. 
Fun hey?

 I finished three double sided flannels for baby Quinn too. They are washed and ready to go when we get the message to head to the Tri-cities.
One more thing for Quinn
I found a cut an sew fabric book to make for the baby.
Given their choice of vehicles these days, I think it's going to be the perfect first book for that boy.

Not a quilt, but this print would make a cool one.
However, I'm not ambitious enough to figure out how to create it.
 I love how bright and colorful this is.
It makes me happy to look at it when there seems there's just not enough coffee to get through the day.



2 comments:

Reese said...

Aw, I love the fancy bordered ones :) I can't wait to see that one in person!

Lyssa said...

Mom, you've got mad ragging skills! Those quilts are awesome :) I am looking forward to seeing them too. So cool :D