Thursday, January 02, 2014

Welcome 2014!


Not a lot of hoopla
There is a cheesy grin on my guy but this is what we looked like on Dec 31st, 2013 and the other photo is from Jan 1st, 2013. What a difference a year makes!

In our old age we've taken to watching the ball drop in New York City on CNN at 9 p.m. our time. We turn in at our regular 10 o'clock bedtime. Yup, we are pretty boring.
We left the partying to the youngsters. Krystle had a friend over and the boys had their cousin spend a few nights so between the bunch of them they polished off the hot wings, sausage and kraut, spinach dip, humus, chips and salsa, and bbq little smokies that comprised our New Years Eve buffet.
Putting our best foot forward



 We both have new apps on our phones that will help us track our exercise times. We took a little 3 mile walk on Jan 1st and I burned 330 calories doing it. Har is keeping track of his bike miles and his walking miles. I have walking, water aerobics and biking in my workout portfolio. I tested the app while shopping at Freddies today and found out I walked .67 miles inside the store. This is going to be a fun year keeping track of stuff like that.
GO GREEN!!!!
"My" Spartans played in the Rose Bowl yesterday. They WON!  I'm pretty happy to have this spiffy new Michigan State hoody to proudly wear around town.

1 comment:

Reese said...

Yay new years! I think this will be a good one :) I can't wait to start walking and biking and really just moving normally again :P
It was nice to take the kids out in the sunshine today. Hope we continue to get days like this the remainder of the winter.