Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wyatt's turn for some one on one time

Our new ride :0)

It's been many years since I drove a vehicle with this symbol on the steering wheel. In the spring of '78 I bought a brand new Ford Pinto. Last Monday, Har and I bought a 2002 pick-up! It's fun to be Ford Tough again.
 "Give me gas in my Ford, keep me truckin' for the Lord, Give me gas in my Ford, I pray..." ;0)
Pickin' up Wy-boy for an overnight

 Har and I went over to pick up Wyatt to hang out with us for part of the weekend. I got to see all of the grands there, kids and the dog. 
 Wyatt had a quiet day and night with us. He had sole control of the computer and got to watch a movie of his own choosing. Before we brought him home we went to
The duck Shari's
 Most people just know this place as the Milwaukee Shari's but for as long as we've been bringing our kids there it's been "the duck Shari's". Sometime we even see nutria. On Sunday there were several ducks, seagulls, geese and pigeons. No rodents in sight.






You can tell that people feed those fowl. As soon as you walk toward the retaining wall they start heading your way.
Getting a new point of view

Wyatt and I sat in the jump seats while Har drove and Hayden sat in the passenger seat. It was pretty cool to look back and see the view of the top deck of the Fremont bridge and the freeway along the way. It is so different than seeing the same thing in the rear view mirror. I'm going to volunteer to sit back there more often. Though a friend asked if I was a back seat driver... and a cousin thought perhaps I was a "nag-ivator"! I think I tend to be a bit of both if I don't have that steering wheel in my hands   :P

No comments: