Tuesday, May 20, 2014

From this day forward: a repeat

Love After Marriage
Jess and Joylynn attended a weekly marriage class at their church over the past few months. On Sunday, May 18th, the couples that completed the course had the opportunity to renew their wedding vows before the congregation.
Harlan and I attended the celebration along with Hayden, Krystle, Courtney and Charles.
I had Hayden take a few pictures of Har and me before we went into the building. It's just two short months before we will be celebrating our thirty-fifth wedding anniversary. It was time for a photo of us since we got spiffed up for the occasion.
We took selfies and played around before church


I tracked Wyatt down by FaceTiming with him. He was listening to his iPod and I had my iPhone. Technology is pretty fun!

Time to settle down and pay attention
Jess and his mini-me :)



See all of those  blank chairs in the sanctuary. All of the kids and "support people" were asked to stand up with the couples for the vow renewal. It practically emptied the place.  It was wonderful to be there and to be witnesses to this ceremony. There were tons of people recording or taking pictures. I snapped a few myself. I didn't get a picture of J&J when they said "you may kiss your spouse" because I was more taken with Wyatt's reaction to that proclamation. 
Yup, he's ten years old.

There was cake



I guess a wedding isn't complete without cake. The kids appreciated it. Genevieve wisely packed hers to go to eat after lunch. Danika and Garrett did not.
Joylynn wanted me to take a few pictures of her and Jess. They looked so fancy!
Afterward we went out to eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory at Tanasborne. It was nice since Jess and Charlie missed out on our big family dinner at the waterfront one back in April.
Garrett was dancing in the fireplace opening while we waited for our table to be ready. That boy has got to be headed for the stage. He never misses an opportunity to perform and call out for me to "take a picture". 
He's this mommarazzi's dream child :0)

No comments: