Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Random fun stuff

A look back to reminisce 
Recently our niece, Maila, posted this picture of Harlan's dad on Facebook.  This is  how most of the grandkids remember him.
I was sitting with Hayden out in the Cedar Mill area of Portland when across the field I saw a man driving a tractor. It reminded me so much of Grampa Ray. I zoomed my camera as much a I could to see if I could get a good picture. It turned out well. Doesn't it look like it is out in the country? Just beyond this field is a medical facility. Not too far in front of this tractor is Hwy 26 running to the coast heading west and back into the city heading east.  But on this day I was treated to an oasis of rural loveliness and a gentleman out mowing his field. 
Another Ride Like a Girl day
This ride on May 12th was along the Spring Water Trail. We started in Gresham and rode east to Boring. It was a bit over 11 miles of riding that day.









It was a really warm day and I rode pretty sluggishly. But the Ride Like a Girl group is pretty awesome in that they have gals assigned to be sweepers, one mid pack and another at the end.  No one gets left behind. Though you can drop out and head back if you want to. I was tempted but hung in there.  I think one of my problems was I hadn't eaten enough. So before I left Gresham I made sure that I did get something to eat. I can't tell you the last time I ate alone. It was a unique experience.

Next time I go to Red Lobster I'd like Har to be with me.
I got a nice glimpse of Mt Hood in the mirror of the truck on my way home.
Pedaling to the pool


I'm trying to get to the pool to exercise a few times a week. Since I'm also trying to get more comfortable with riding my bike I thought I'd attempt to ride it to the pool. I strapped my pool bag under the seat and took off. I got there and back along quiet back streets and was able to cross the busy street at a light. So it turned out well and I anticipate doing it more often from now through fall and if I get rain gear, into winter!
One more splurge on flowers
I picked up a gigantic geranium for the sunny side of the house. I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate us beautifying our house by painting it but the flowers will have to do for the time being.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Lovely post mom.

The only thing that would make it better is if I could have been there too ;) Though your solo lunch wouldn't have been quite the same...