Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A fun filled day = a picture filled post

Sunny Monday Zoo Visit
I usually take a posed group shot at the start of the walk but I snapped this one instead. Hayden isn't in it and it's a bit blurry but I like the way Kiel and Cam frame the photo in their similar poses and the girls are in the middle with their shades on.
Our "little" family or "second" family.
The 1st five kids were our first family. They are all now grown and independent. These guys have the privilege of living with us still. :o)

New African Exhibit
I encouraged the symbolic "embracing" of the new exhibit. This faux tree is seriously enormous!
Henry at the drums.
Courtney hanging with the pride.




I'm in agreement with the Maasai Elder here.
I don't know about the cattle thing but they are definitely equipped to parent Henry and some siblings.









I think this is a termite mound that they are climbing.
This is in one of the exhibits that reminds me of a lunar landscape.

Dinosaurs! Here we come!
We got to the zoo quite early and walked and saw as much as we cared to before we got in line for the dinosaur exhibit that opened at 10. We were first in line so Henry drank a bottle and others got to sit on the curb while we waited.









The dinosaurs are loud and some of them spit water at you! About 1/2 of them are life sized but the ones that are scaled down would be huge if they were to scale.


Graduation Dinner
In lieu of a present for her MAT degree from George Fox University we wanted to take our friend Jennifer and her husband Blaine out to dinner.
She chose a Moroccan Restaurant.



Jenn and Blaine are such fun to spend time with. Their children are delightful too. Their oldest, Hannah, is Hayden's age and their youngest, Joel, is Cameron's age. They have a daughter, Rachael, that is in between the two. A long time ago when Jenn worked at New Song we had the privilege of having the kids hang out here while she was at work. Fun memories.
Last nights dinner was exotic and delicious. I would love to go there again. We got to eat with our hands! Thanks Jenn for introducing us to a new experience and ethnic flavor.
I can't finish a post without some random shot. I saw some late blooming rhododendrons along the trail in the Dinosaur exhibit. They were very lovely. I want to never be too busy that I don't notice tiny bits of beauty in unexpected places. Hopefully I'll have a camera with me when I do.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Nice post mom :D I hope we can go through the zoo again soon. Hopefully a little slower, that last time was just too crowded!