Sunday, April 17, 2011

An actual "Sun"day

Sunshine at the river
After church today we stopped in at Costco and got hotdogs, pop and chirros. We started driving and pulled off of Marine Drive at our favorite spot. The boys and Harlan went down the hill and had a picnic of sorts on the rocky bank.

















I made the guys stop on the way back up to the van to pose for a picture to document our day. In the photo on the left Hayden was skipping rocks.

Another pit-stop

















The weather was perfect for being outside. We stopped at Jantzen Beach Starbucks, sat at a bistro table and enjoyed our refreshments.
I went a little crazy with the camera angles and Cam really doesn't like these pictures of himself. It's nice to see that he actually smiles every now and then. His traditional Converse high tops will be retired before too long to be replaced by flip-flops for the warmer months and then a larger size pair of Converse high tops in the Fall. He is a creature of habit.
















Har ran over to Target and picked up a pair of sunglasses. He didn't get prescription ones like I did as he doesn't need his glasses to drive. We enjoyed getting out of the house and seeing the sun!


The quilts I mentioned previously





















I like the fun fabrics on these two quilts. I've got a few standard patterns that I lay the squares in and lately I've really liked the one directly above. I usually don't like having two of the same fabrics next to each other but it's become a favorite.
These are going to be ideal beach blankets or laying out in the yard blankets. Light weight for summer sleeping as well, though they aren't big enough for a twin bed. Hope the kids like them.

Next on my agenda: get some outdoor projects lined up to get done. There are less than 2 months left of school. Summer is going to be here before we know it. We want to be able to enjoy some time with our out of town kids and not be tied to things that need to get done around here.

2 comments:

Reese said...

What a fun day in the sun =)
The weather is supposed to be nice here this week, we'll have to take some pictures too.

Lyssa said...

What a lovely Sunday!! It makes me a little homesick for Portland. I really hope our car gets fixed soon so we can come down and play too!!

Those quilts are great too. Super fun :)