Thursday, April 28, 2011

This and that

Another look at Easter attire
I really like the silhouettes on both of the girls dresses. They each reflect their distinctive personalities. Courtney is the young, fun, spunky one and Krystle is the more mature, romantic, serious one. Glad we didn't have a double wedding with these two... would have been reminiscent of the "Brady Brides" movie. FYI... Courtney is not that much taller than Krystle she is just wearing very tall heels whereas Krystle had just kicked hers off.
This photo makes Krystle look much taller. Danika is such a girly girl. She changed out of her Easter dress and into another flowery outfit. Did you notice in the past few pictures of Krystle the lack of glasses? She has contacts again. So lovely to be able to see her brown eyes again.

Standing Tall or rather Short
Speaking of brown eyes... This brown eyed boy has started cruising. Pulling up to things, in this case one of my fabric bins, and stepping along the length of it.
Crawling is still his preferred mode of travel. He is a super pro! His smile here rivals the one on his happy snail toy. I'm happy that this snail has a switch to turn off the music and sounds! It's one of many "educational" (annoying) toys around here. Someday we won't have toys and baby furniture as part of our decor. But until then, we make the best of it.

Updating my bathroom decor
I love the colors in my bathroom! The white wainscoting and woodwork and the sea foamish green on the walls. More than a year ago, Alyssa bought me the print that is on the shelf. Yesterday I was at Joann Fabrics and saw these birdhouses and the ceramic bird on the left. I love the country cottage look. I'm not totally happy with my arrangement yet... something needs to be added. I think maybe another little blue birdhouse for a grouping of three. I'm going to live with it for a few days and then decide. Suggestions?

5 comments:

mommarazzi said...

No offense intended with the young, fun, spunky vs mature, romantic, serious comments.

We are blessed that all 8 of you have unique strengths and personalities!!!! Wouldn't want it any other way.

Courtenzia said...

I like this one. I like looking that much taller than Krystle =P

Garrett is getting so big! I'm so glad he's starting to walk along the edges of things, soon he'll be off running around with Katie!

And no offense taken, I like being young. And fun. And spunky. And I think I'm getting more mature in my....umm...age =)

Courtenzia said...

Oh, and about the bathroom shelf. I think it needs one more bird house of a different height and possibly a different color.

Lyssa said...

I hope Krystle wasn't offended either, obviously Coco wasn't :) think they both look lovely! Though next time you should get one with opposite high exaggeration :)

Garrett is awesome! He really took off didn't he? It's like he was storing it up getting ready to blow everyone away. Or perhaps he's been eyeing the computer or something and though his best chance to get on and play minecraft would be to fake everyone out for a while then blast over there! :)

Way to go bub! Also way to be cute girls! :)

Lyssa said...

Oh yeah, I forgot the shelf. I say your instincts are right. Trios are really visually appealing. I say just keep you eyes out (around the house and at the shops) for something the right shape and/ or color. I'm sure you'll find just the right thing! :)