Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Slow news week

Did you see this downtown?
One of the mornings I was taking Burnside into town I snapped a picture of this critter on top of Jake's Seafood building. I love crab but would need a few friends to help with one this size!

I love Willow Tree figurines
I have a couple of friends that have an extensive collection of these figurines. Alyssa and Logan have a couple. I picked up the one on the left over a year ago and put it aside for last Father's Day for Har. It is called Grandfather. This past week Joylynn showed up with the one on the right it's called The Quilt and I love it! Har and I have spent a good deal of the last nine months in these positions.

Speaking of quilts...




I finished these four recently. One of them was for Naomi's birthday so I wasn't able to post the pictures until now.












They couldn't be more different in their color palettes. I have a couple of others in the works. They are super cute and fun.







Creative motivation or blackmail?
We have cats and I really like them, but it's difficult to get people motivated to tend to the not so pleasant job that comes with pet ownership. The boys used to take turns cleaning the litter box and it got done fairly regularly. We have had a change around here and someone else is now the responsible party. The above note did bring about results but I think we need to help our boys see that there are other ways to communicate.
Ways that will not offend the First Lady. Sorry Ma'am.


2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Hooray quilts! :) you know you make all that look easy

Reese said...

I didn't realize Michelle was the ransomer... intense.
I also like that crab. Makes me want to go to red lobster.