Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring School Conference

Aunty Coco!
Look who helped me get the kids packed up and joined me for the ride to the school!

Running around and playing in squirrel territory
We had a few minutes between school getting out and the start of Wyatt's conference. We let the kids run around on the pine needles. This is the same island of land where the squirrel disappeared on me the other day.

Student Led Conference
Wyatt had a check list of things to cover during the Parent/Teacher conference today. He did a great job!

















I really like Wyatt's teacher. She is so soft spoken and sweet. He responds well to her style of teaching. I hope he gets another good teacher for 2nd grade. Genevieve is going to need an understanding and patient teacher for Kindergarten next year. But those traits usually define those early childhood educators.
I loved hearing Wyatt read to his mom and Garrett. We are so proud of his work.

















I appreciated having Courtney take charge of Danika and Genevieve for most of the time. There was a little bit too much activity in the room for a traditional conference but since Wyatt was in charge and we had plenty of time, having the girls, Courtney, Garrett and me there was fine.
I'm happy to see that they have security measures in place so random people can't be strolling around without being noticed. With visitor passes this bright one definitely stands out. I would like to spend more time at the school next year if our boys are cool with it. They could even do some volunteering as reading or math helpers. We will see what next fall looks like.

2 comments:

Reese said...

Looks like Wyatt's learned a lot this year =)

And I love Garrett's little brown jacket! Where'd that come from?

Lyssa said...

Garrett looks so happy and proud of his big brother! :)