Thursday, July 14, 2011

Family times and our 32nd!

Our Sunday restaurant gang













Notice the sign that was in the window? Dinner for 14 is much more affordable when 6 of the meals are FREE! Thank you Panda Express for being so family friendly.

Mall Walking once again...if only for a day













My friend and Friday walking buddy for many many years, Kim, and I got a chance to meet at the mall yesterday morning. It was almost like old times. Neither one of us was pushing a stroller though. We've been there, done that and are still doing it on a regular basis but yesterday was just for us. I was the one spending all the money though... how did that happen?






Kid's Camp/Beach Bash at Central Bible
Monday night started a week long vacation Bible school type program at Central Bible Church. Wyatt and Genevieve are attending and loving it. I took this picture on their first night.










Last night I slipped in a few minutes before the kids were dismissed so I caught a bit of the skit and Harlan in motion as he was working at the sound board.
Miss Danika is not old enough to attend but she went with me to pick them up and had a blast dancing on the platform behind the sound board. She had to pose for the picture I snapped of course!
The sunset was beautiful as we were driving home on the freeway. I caught this photo of it but it really doesn't do justice to the colors.

Trying not to think of this
A large carton arrived on our doorstep with the dreaded logo:
Connections Academy.
Don't get me wrong I love Connections... it's just I really want a vacation from all that responsibility. So I'm going to shuffle it into a corner and revisit it when the time is right.
New textbooks are always exciting though! Perhaps Hayden won't think so but he'll get with the program.

Together time started



Yesterday, Har and I did something that we haven't been able to do in ages. We grabbed a bite to eat and took it down to the EastBank Esplanade. We used to love our lunch dates down by the river. It is so nice to get a bench by the waterfront and have all the traffic (pedestrian, bicycle and freeway) behind you.










It was a bit overcast with some sunbreaks but a prefect temp in the high 60's.

Today we have plans to do some more things together to celebrate 32 years of marriage.
Thanks to our older kids for pitching in with the little ones we can get away for a few responsibility free hours.

I love my family!!!

2 comments:

Reese said...

Wow, those girls sure like to pose for pictures. Is it possible to get candid shots of them?

Lyssa said...

Nice group shot :) I'm glad you had a nice anniversary. Glad we could lend a hand!