Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Sailing and Bath-letisms

Toy boat, toy boat, toy boat,...















I referred to the silent auction that was going to be held at our Knuuttila family reunion in a previous post. I did manage to bid on and buy several items. These toy boats were made by my Aunt Marsha. There was a test boat available for sailing in Lake Superior and it worked great. I bought one for each of my oldest grandsons aka "best boys". Henry's is green, Rowan's blue and Wyatt's brown. Wyatt got to sail his this afternoon.

New splash pool
We have missed having someplace to get wet and cool off on our few really warm days since our big pool was shredded by raccoons. This one is just about perfect for the grandkids. I even waded in it today.
Wyatt's sailboat went on its maiden voyage.
Garrett is relegated to supervising from outside of the pool until we get him a baby float to wear.


Bathletisms















Wyatt and Danika wanted to "bath-letise" each other. I'm sure they've seen people be baptised since they were pretty good at doing it. None of them have any fear of the water, which is a great thing for future swim lessons.





Sailing away
These boats were a hit with adults and kids alike. I'm sure that they are going to provide hours of fun for each family that bought one.

I will get to blogging more about my trip but I have so many photos to go through and decide what I want to publish. It's turning into a bigger job than anticipated.
Hope it will be worth the wait.
I had a wonderful time with my family and friends. Hated to leave here initially and then hated to leave there to come back.
I think a few people are glad that I did come back though ;o)

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Those kids are nuts! :) Great boats, I think Rowan will want to sail his as soon as he gets it!

How many pictures did you end up taking?

Reese said...

Good pool for the kids. Henry will want to play if we come over sometime next month. Heisalso not afraid of water.
I also like the boats, very cute.