Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas quilts revealed


Henry and Anabelle have new quilts

 I didn't take photos of the finished quilts but did take a picture of each of them before I snipped and washed them. They are somewhat co-ordinating but not matching. They were designed to cover their twin sized bunk beds and are lighter weight than the flannel ones that I've made. Perfect for California dreamers :0)

 Cherise took a picture of Henry checking out the quilt rolls that finally arrived in time for Christmas.
We are family.... 
I've got my sisters and Mom covered
 I posted a picture of the fabric that I bought to make myself a quilt a few weeks ago. The more I looked at that fabric the more I realized I wanted my sisters and Mom to have quilts with the same fabrics. I didn't want them identical but tied together with two common fabrics. Mine is actually identical to Kara's on top but we have different backing fabrics. Mom's is the one with green squares, Kelly's has the tropical turquoise and Kara and I have the grey on gray tones. 
Each of the gals said that they "loved" them. I'm so glad!
Another loverly Christmas quilt
 This fun quilt was commissioned by Courtney for her mother-in-law's Christmas gift. Courts chose the fabrics and I sewed them up for her. It turned out just darling. I love the dark green backing flannel outlining each square. Joanne also said she loved her new lap quilt.

Treasured moments with the grands
 Evie climbed up on my lap long enough on Christmas morning for me to help her open this doll and then she was off and running again. She's grown so much more independent since she started walking a little over 6 weeks ago. She's a busy girl.

Keepsake ornament
We have had an upright piano very like this one for over 29 years. We are talking about having it move on from our home to someone else's. No one here plays it anymore since Harlan got his keyboard.

Today when Harlan and I were at the mall I went into Hallmark to look at the clearance ornaments and found this one. I figured if we get brave enough to actually get rid of our piano in 2013, we will have this ornament to remember it by... complete with a red hymnal on the top! It is musical and plays "Go Tell It On The Mountain"in a tempo way different than was played in either of the Apostolic Lutheran congregations that we grew up in, but I love it!

Keepsake ornaments are awesome!
And this one will take up a lot less room than the real thing.

No comments: