Saturday, December 29, 2012

Weekend sewing and a shopping day

Double sided flannels
 Alyssa bought some of these flannels when she was visiting here this fall. With all of the quilts I was working on, these blankets got put aside to work on "later". Since Logan and Alyssa are out here on vacation, I wanted to send these back home with them in finished form. When they were gone down to his parent's house this week, I got busy and made three blankets for Evie (above) and three for Katie (below). 
Katie is such a blankie girl. She loves the feel of flannel. She's been one of the biggest fans of my sewing projects. 
Shopping in the comfort of home
 Alyssa and Courtney were looking through the many pairs of beautiful earrings that Krystle's friend has made. They are really pretty. Did you know that a CD makes an ideal hand mirror?
 Charles did not get any earrings. I don't think they go with an Army National Guard uniform too well.

Lunch & Shopping with A and E
 While Harlan and Logan stayed home to install my new dishwasher that was delivered today, Alyssa, Evie and I went out for an early lunch and then off to spend Alyssa's Macy's gift certificate!
First stop was AppleBee's.



Evie napped for a good bit of the time that we were at Lloyd Center. But we shopped for close to 4 hours so, she did need a little entertaining while her mom tried things on or purchased them. It helped to have her munch on a Wetzel's pretzel. All in all she was a good shopping partner.

An after Christmas purchase
Macy's had all of their holiday decor priced at 75% off of retail. I picked up a few gingerbread ornaments and this crystal mistletoe ball. Lyssa and Logan already tried it out :0)
 It's going to be a nice addition to our decorations hanging between the living and dining rooms for many years to come.
I think I have a date with someone under it on New Years Eve!

No comments: