Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holidays are happy

Ho,ho,ho! Henry & Anabelle
 Cherise got Henry and Anabelle dressed up and took them to see Santa to get their pictures taken. They took several shots and Cherise said the helpers were great at keeping the kids attention for the photographer. This Santa was pretty cute himself ;)
Such sweet children.
Fun with the Gar-bear




Garrett spent another night with us and got to go to Fred Meyer with me in the morning. Goofy guy.
He's getting to be more of a monkey every time we see him.
He also didn't want to lay on the carpet so he rolled it up and settled down on the pad. Sometimes he's a strange boy.
Our Disney daughters
 Many years ago, we assigned a Disney princess to each of our girls. Joylynn: Ariel, Cherise: Snow White, Alyssa: Cinderella, Krystle: Belle and Courtney: Sleeping Beautfy. Then we said that Lalita was Jasmine and today I saw this set and figured we'd just added Sarah Walkky in there as Tiana.
The grand-girls would have fun making up all sorts of story lines with this set.
The breakfast of Christmastime



I've been hearing radio commercials for Stephen's hot cocoa. I've never seen the stuff as far as I know. Lo and behold I have! I actually purchased some... the candycane cocoa that we have is Stephen's brand. Also Kelloggs has come out with Gingerbread PopTarts! We had some happy children around here the other morning. The poptarts are package in foil "gift" wrap with a to/from tag. Wow. Who wants to get PopTarts in their stocking? I see quite a few hands going up here.

Kindergarten a.m. sharing


Hayden didn't need a ride to school yesterday so I parked and went in to spend a couple of minutes in Danika's classroom. She was surprised as I had dropped them off and drove away before finding a parking spot. She found a sprig of a laurel bush and talked about it during sharing time. Danika had me read a book to her. A friend of hers came over to hear it too. By the time I finished the book I was reading to the whole class. It was a story introduced to them the day before about a Gingerbread Baby. Very cute. Danika was pretty happy to have all of the kids gathered around us.
End of first quarter PCC 
Hayden joined Harlan and me for lunch to celebrate the end of his first quarter at Portland Community College. Congratulations Hayden! Good job. You're on your way.
Charles is on his way too
Crazy kids are having a bit of fun before he has to have his hair in a military cut. The facial hair has to go too. He knows this Army National Guard thing is going to take some sacrifices. Hair will grow back and eventually he'll get to enjoy the rocker dude look again.

1 comment:

Reese said...

:) I like Danika's sharing time face. She's quite the storyteller.

Looks like lots of new hairstyles over there right now. Kiel just got a nice cute last night. My best yet I'd say :)