Monday, December 17, 2012

Slogging through

Some further decorating
Harlan's piano has a garland and lights. 
Our dining room is bedecked in snowflakes and white lights.
Our graduation corner is almost complete. Cam's picture will join the others before too long. The orange and black tassel on the right is Rylan's from his 2003 commencement from OSU. We didn't think to get a photo of that cap and gown moment. We weren't there for his Master's ceremony in Korea but maybe if he decides he wants to pick up his PHD studies again we'll make it to that graduation. In the meantime, Krystle should be getting a diploma this summer. It's been a lot of hard work! I'm super proud of all 7 of these guys and gals.
Christmas canning




My family put up with more than 24 hours of vinegar odor for me to make a batch of chowchow for our Christmas meal. (with a couple set aside for gift giving) It's been years since I canned anything. Perhaps I should make a batch of champagne jelly. I hear it's very nice with clotted cream and scones at tea time. Maybe in the New Year, putting up preserves will be on my to do list.

Quilt-y pleasures

This is Hayden's finished quilt. I bought this fabric over a year ago to make Hayden and Cam matching quilts for their beds. I finally got around to getting them sewed up. Cam's is identical except it has light grey flannel on the back instead of cream colored flannel. Hayden said it's my fault that he's sleeping in these days. He blames the cozy warmth from his new blanket. 
I zipped up another Christmas print one. I had picked up a remnant that made eight blocks, I picked colors from the print and I think this might be my new favorite. It's a birthday gift.
Wandering thoughts
I've been having some problems with focusing on things that need to be done. I get sidetracked easily. I've been known to have the attention span of a toddler. But this week with the news of tragedy here in town and across the country I've had my mind wandering more than usual. It's brought me to tears and caused me to seek refuge in the only place refuge is found. In prayer and petition. Anxious thoughts? Not so much anymore. Now it's time to focus on the fact that we are looking forward to His appearing now as they were all those years ago when He came in the first place. We need to keep on asking, seeking and knocking.

December 17th, 2005


It sure was a beautiful sunny day for Logan and Alyssa to be getting married those many years ago. 
Portland was pretty soggy today as I heard the D.C.  area was too.

The two weeks time we had to prepare for this wedding was just a sign of what life as an Army couple was going to be like. You've weathered the ups and downs quite nicely. It's an adventure we are blessed to observe as you both continue down this road.
Hope you had a terrific day!

Happy 7th Anniversary, 
Logan and Alyssa!



No comments: