Sunday, December 23, 2012

Flowers, berries and lunch

Here are some things I've seen and done this past week.
Seasonal flowers and berries

We had some work done on the van and the auto shop had this blooming Christmas cactus. The photo doesn't do it justice. It was beautiful!
I went out for lunch on Tuesday. I parked near these trees just loaded down with berries. I hope that they are good for some critters to eat, there were so many of them.
Lunch with Rita
My friend, Rita's birthday is 5 days before mine so we got together between the two and celebrated them both. I'm really thankful that we have reconnected through facebook. Life is too short. Good friends are to be treasured! Happy Birthday Rita!
Elf on the Shelf



I've seen these "Elf on a Shelf" creatures before and didn't think much about them. They aren't really my style and now I know why.
=:-O

I don't think I'm going to bring one of these into my home any time soon.
City lights

I like seeing how various buildings get in the spirit of the holidays. It's so pretty to drive around the city at night.
My B'day Cake
 I love having a December birthday. Everything looks so Christmassy. Even my cake! I can officially get a senior discount at Fred Meyer and various other stores. It's usually on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. It's one of the perks of staying around this long.
Hanging out with these dollies
Isn't this a perfect way to welcome Winter?
"Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way to say Merry Christmas to you!"
Kate was feeding Evie yogurt.  She was like a little bird opening her mouth for every bite.
She did a fine job of feeding herself as well.
Christmas tastes ~ Tea
Hayden and Harlan found all three of my favorite Christmas Stash teas. Christmas Eve, White Christmas and Christmas Morning. Drinking one of those three or a cup of Nutcracker Spice is a terrific way to warm up after a cold and rainy shopping trip.

Time to get back to my gift wrapping :P
Oh how I wish I knew some elves...


1 comment:

Reese said...

That is a lot of berries! Crazy.

I don't think I really like elf on the shelf either. Kinda creepy.